[NTLK] eMate Battery Pack

Smith Woody woodysmith at me.com
Mon Aug 8 09:37:49 EDT 2011

Thermistor refers to the little glass bead connected by two white
wires.  If this is not connected and functioning I suspect that it
would act as with the 2x00 series battery packs and assume that no
rechargeable pack is present.
If instead you are referring to the overheat protection device (wide
ribbon connectors covered with yellow tape at end opposite the
connector), its absence whether solder bridged or actually removed and
replaced with wire should not stop charging.  BUT it is a safety
device that will help prevent serious melting if the batteries should
become damaged.
You can use Frank's Testit or Avi's backdrop to monitor temp and charge.
I suspect poor solder joint or battery damaged by overheating.  use
voltage meter to measure individual and cumulative voltage.

Woody