[NTLK] For the first time ever...

Frank Gruendel newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Tue Aug 9 19:59:47 EDT 2011

Hi folks,

As of a minute ago there are images of both sides of an unpopulated 2x00
mainboard available. This will come in handy if you want to figure out 2x00
hardware issues or if you want to fix a defective board.

This is the result of a joint effort between Matthias Melcher and yours
truly. I sent Matthias an organ donator board from which he kindly removed
all components and sent it back. 6 hours, 2.4 meters of SMD desoldering
braid, half a bottle of cleaning fluid and two single malt whiskys later the
board was finally fit to be scanned with a resolution of 1200 dpi.

The images are fairly large memory-wise (approx. 2MB / 8MB / 25MB) because I
did not want to lose any details due to too much jpg compression. Numbers at
the beginning of the filename depict width and height in pixels.

Unless you really need them, please do not download the large size images.
I'm not sure if my provider has set a monthly download limit...

Note that the links are fairly long, so your mail reader might truncate
them. Use all text between "<" and ">".

PCMCIA Card side:

<http://www.pda-soft.de/common/img/hardware/2x00/1228x2023_2x00boardUnpopula
tedChipSide.jpg>