[NTLK] eMate Bonanza

Lloyd Conway doc_retro at juno.com
Thu Aug 25 20:33:48 EDT 2011

Hello, Tony:
     The eMates came with a movable cabinet that we 'think' is a charging station.  (Each also comes with a 9W plug-in adapter.)  I have to call the old Principal, a Mac enthusiast who ordered these, and ask him about whether our surmise is correct concerning the cabinet.
     As for software, I have one (they gave me my pick in exchange for my labor, which also includes refurbishing a dozen or so aluminum PowerBook G4 12" laptops), and it has the following 'educational' software loaded:

Classroom Dock
Teacher Setup
Type to Learn

Newt Works is also installed, and from what I gather, they were used as word processors, typing tutors and for not much else before being shelved at least 7 years ago.  (My wife took the job 7 years ago and they were  ot in general use even then.)
    That's all I know so far.
Regards,
-Lloyd
P.S.  I hope that things are settling back into some kind of 'normal' down there, and that you have a peaceful spring.

HI Lloyd

Just out of curiosity,

1. did they have the big charging station accessory as well?
2. what educational software have they got and is that available too?

Cheers

Tony Kan

Christchurch
New Zealand