[NTLK] Memory limits on NewtonPress ebooks

Nic Malone nicmalone at mac.com
Sat Aug 27 14:07:33 EDT 2011

Having near-perfected an easy workflow for converting eBooks into NewtonPress books (drag ebook into Calibre, convert to rtf, process rtf in NewtonPress), I find an average-sized novel of 400 pages needs splitting into 2 or even 3 parts to be opened on my MP2000. The Newton says it has run into a memory problem. I install the books on a card with at least 500MB left after the book is installed, and have about 1.3MB system memory left. Is this just a limit on MP2000s? Would a MP2100 be better able to handle it?

Nic