[NTLK] Einstein, Android, new Hardware, old Hardware

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Thu Dec 1 04:15:12 EST 2011

On 01.12.2011, at 03:03, Forrest Buffenmyer wrote:

> But, obviously it behooves you to develop for more open-sourced products, like Android, and not have go through the "Spanish Inquisition" that is approval to Apple's App Store.

I don't expect Apple to be OpenSource. I just expect that a program that I have in OpenSource, and I go and compile it myself, should run on the device.

Other than that, I am a huge Apple Fanboy. I would not know how to use a Windows 8 system. I stopped using MSWindows right after Vista came out. ;-)  I know, I know, what a conundrum.

> Will we be able to run Einstein on any Android device? I would think, due the many variations, the answer will be "no"...not as successfully, anyway, as the one you've primarily developed it for.

Einstein is compiled for Android 2.2. It will run on any version 2.2 and up. It doesn;t ask much from the OS at all, except for speed. 1.2 GHz are a good start, but while CPUs get faster, our emulation will also be optimized, and we will hit original MP2100 speed eventually. AFter that, any speed increase will save battery life.