[NTLK] Einstein, Android, new Hardware, old Hardware

Forrest Buffenmyer newtonphoenix at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 1 14:28:29 EST 2011

One of the things that's interesting is that the "I'm a PC", I'm a Mac" ads played on the Windows Vista experience, which was generally considered to be poor. Actually, Vista was not that terrible of an OS, but those that had problems were far more vocal than those that were happy about it, so it became "perception vs. reality".

When Windows 7 arrived, that was the end of that ad campaign. Windows 7 is a pretty good--great?--OS...even if is based on Mac OS X. ;) (Remember that Microsoft spokesman that said that, and then quietly disappeared?)

"So today, one wonders just what machinations are being endured by Simon Aldous, the Microsoft Partner Group manager who was Wednesday quoted by PCR as suggesting thatWindows 7 was rather inspired by the simplicity of the Mac OS. Indeed, Aldous declared that Microsoft's new operating system was designed to "create a Mac look." "

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-10396280-71.html

Sent from my First Generation iPad