[NTLK] Einstein Android Device Reviews

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Fri Dec 2 08:11:23 EST 2011

On 02.12.2011, at 09:38, Joseph Reilly wrote:
> Matthias mentioned that android menus/prefs and rotation were done however I couldn't get the menu to pop up and
> rotation failed bad, although only 5 days old according to google code I probably have an older apk without those options.

Thanks for the great review! The menu and screen rotation has not been put into the apk yet. As soon as the screen size settings are implemented, I will release the next apk which can also install pkg files.

As for the missing pixels: NewtonOS needs a minimum of 320x480 pixels, but your screen is 320x480 minus ten or so pixels for the Android status bar which I don't dare to switch off. Scaling a bitmap makes it either fuzzy (which is horribly slow) or cuts of this ten missing lines somewhere else in the picture. We will have an option to set the desired resolution so that the Newton screen maps nicely to the native screen resolution.

 - Matthias