[NTLK] write to Tim Cook

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Fri Dec 2 16:25:54 EST 2011

On 02.12.2011, at 21:04, Forrest Buffenmyer wrote:

> Well, I'm not really sure what would be gained by sending that first suggested email to Tim Cook and Apple...but based on the concept and right of free speech, I acknowledge the sentiment, even as I might not agree.
>
> Based on what Morgan and Andrei (among others) have expressed--while there might be no harm in asking, we likely might not get the answer we want. I believe we are better off continuing with the Einstein project.

Please do not write to the legal department. Only harm can come from that. If you must write to Tim Cook, fine, but don't expect anything.

> or, maybe Einstein becomes an app, that you could use concurrent with these other features, already existing on the device.

I think that that is the way to go. Spending a huge amount of $$ for a snazzy Android Device/iOS device and then not beeing able to watch videos or listen t the music, or even make a phone call, is just right out silly.

Paul did a fantastic job far beyond emulating Newton OS. He already implemented code so that Newton OS running on Einstein can call functions in the Host OS. That means that we could write Newton OS programs that access the phone system in the Android/iOS device, or BlueTooth, or the Network.

I have started to replace Newton OS functions with my own implementation. I am working my way up from time-critical stuff until I reach the bytecode interpreter. Eventually we can replace the graphics calls. That would give us full color full resolution access to the host system while staying compatible with the old OS.

I guess I either need another life time or get fired :-P

 - Matthias