[NTLK] Blue liberals, was Call for Einstein domain names

Andrei Chichak newton at chichak.ca
Sun Dec 4 02:13:25 EST 2011

On 2011-December-03, at 9:13 PM, Max Smith wrote:

> On Dec 3, 2011, at 10:58 PM, Steve Craft wrote:
>
>> Poutine?
>

> I have never heard of poutine until now, but judging by its
> description on Wikipedia, I'm glad its not from the United States.

Oh, no no no. You MUST try poutine at least once. It may be one of the three Canadian indiginous foods, but, like chili burgers or cashew curry, it's so bad, it's good.

> Although, I believe we practically invented the concept of frying
> things on sticks.

Here in Edmonton we have an annual festival of multiculturalism called Heritage Days where the various cultural societies get together to tell all about their country. I can assure you that everybody does meat on a stick, fried dough, and some sort of dumpling.

As for blue/red, It seems that in Britain they use the same colouring as Canada. Blue on the right (Tory/Conservative), red on the left (Labour/Liberal).

It confused the hell out of me when they were calling Texas a red state. I thought that pigs took to the sky.