[NTLK] Einstein query

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Mon Dec 5 17:51:45 EST 2011

On 05.12.2011, at 23:36, Reilly001os at aol.com wrote:

> Hi Bob
> The only thing I noticed with extended use
> was that if the newton times out and goes to
> sleep when you wake it up it runs really
> clunky and slow until you restart Einstein

Hmm. Do you have a current version of Einstein? This used to be an issue, but Paul fixed it quite a while ago.

> The solution
> of course is to set the newton to never sleep
> which isn't much of an issue on a computer.

Fo rthe mobile devices, I have decided for Einstein to let Newton go to sleep while keeping the display static. When touching the screen, Einstein will wake Newton up again. This way, we have the advantage of not using any CPU, but still allowing the host to decide when to sleep. The only drawback is, that for example an on-screen clock will stop moving after a while.