[NTLK] Very bare-bones note package to play with

Warren Ockrassa wockrassa at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 10:09:06 EST 2011

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 1:26 AM, Joseph Reilly <Reilly001os at aol.com> wrote:

> Easier said then done I'm sure, but why not have the app act as just a front end for the notes data and folder structure?

I've thought about it. In order to extend an existing program, you
need an API reference - and finding that for the Notes program seems
to be ... difficult. There's one object in Notes, 'paperroll' (as I
recall), that can be sent messages - though what those messages are,
and what they return, is still a bit arcane. There are surely other
objects as well, but again, finding them requires documentation. That
documentation *might* exist somewhere in the 2300+ pages Apple
published on NOS. Or it might be in another publication entirely, one
I haven't seen yet.

For now I think it makes more sense to work within my own sandbox, so
to speak - working out the ins and outs of the code in an environment
I've more or less defined. Once I've got that wrangled, it might be
worth porting at least *some* of that structure to an extension. Sort
of another version of the same thing, but this time set up to work in
Notes rather than all by itself.

--
-- Warren Ockrassa | nightwares.com