[NTLK] [ANN] All of the NetOven.com packages are preserves on UNNA.org

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Wed Dec 7 10:12:57 EST 2011

On 07.12.2011, at 09:41, Joseph Reilly wrote:

> 1) sound goes crazy every now and again, like when opening the extras drawer it starts repeating
> like someone scratching a record.

Sigh. Yes, we know. I have not found the bug.

> 2) einstein starts running SLOOOOW after the newton auto sleeps OR after it's been open for 15-20 minutes even if it hasn't slept.
>
> [temp fix] disable auto sleep to buy yourself 15-20 minutes, maybe a half hour, after that point it requires you to close einstein and reopen to reboot the newton.

That I did not know. I remember that early versions did this even sooner, but I did not have trouble with the current version. Then again, I have not had it open for more than 10 minutes either.

> 3) einstein stops registering real keyboard input, as I was typing test data into clarity I had this happen a few times always before bug #2.

That may be a hint for issue #2.

> 4) full screen doesn't seem to work at all.

Yes. I am sure that it did work a while ago, but now it is broken. I don't know what changed, but it sure is an issue that would be good to investigate. I myself don't write OS X code beyond what is absolutely needed, so another OS X guru may be helpful. But it could also just be the host-independent screen driver.

Thanks for the list. Please also put those on the googlecode bug tracker. I know that I am not using it the way I should, but at least the bugs will be registered for future reference.