[NTLK] WritePad for iPad??? (PhatWare) in Vol 27, Issue 41

David Gibson david.gibson at wap.org
Sat Dec 31 17:22:17 EST 2011

Miro,

I have been using WritePad Pro for iPhone/iPod.
It does a very good job of recognizing my handwriting.
The iPod screen is too small for any extensive writing.
I use it as a 2x3 notecard. I can write only two or three
words at a time. I use the Wacom Bamboo Stylus which
helps a good bit. However, I treat it gently as it has a
reputation for the tip breaking and Wacom is frequently
out of stock on replacement tips.

WritePad Pro has a few extra features over WritePad and
is probably worth the extra funds.

WritePad does not have anywhere the number of useful
gestures for handwriting that the Newton has. Hopefully,
they will add them in the future. It does import/export
Office
Notes. I have not tried that feature yet.

David