[NTLK] iOS Einstein submitted to the Apple App Store

Gleb Dolgich gleb at proggle.com
Sat Feb 5 10:02:14 EST 2011

On 5 Feb 2011, at 14:55, Clu wrote:

> On Feb 5, 2011, at 7:54 AM, David Arnold wrote:
>
>> On 05/02/2011, at 8:32 AM, Gleb Dolgich wrote:
>>
>>> ewton
>>
>> lol.  nice.
>
> If it ran at true speed, could multitask with the Android environment
> to run mp3's (something the Newton does not do well, sorry), had the
> ability to use storage devices, and had a way to export notes with
> little problem, then I would be all for using a "Ewton".  ;)

To those who haven't seen it, "ewton" is a reference to the horizontally scrollable Metro UI of Windows Phone 7 which, as you scroll right, makes screen titles disappear on the left, cutting them off, so "People" becomes "eople" then "ople" and so on.

There are currently 2 app types on WP7 -- Silverlight (control-based) and XNA (game-oriented). I don't think either of those APIs offers what is necessary for this kind of emulation.

--
Gleb Dolgich
PixelEspresso