[NTLK] Hardware Requests

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Mon Feb 28 16:32:54 EST 2011

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Andy Hill <adhill at fastmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Lastly I have tried the bluetooth connection option and even bought a
> second hand phone off eBay which someone on the List Archives had
> reported to work. Alas to no avail and my MP2000 turned itself off at
> the same point each time.

I've got a Pico Card Bluetooth card that I use with my MP2100
frequently. I did, a number of years ago, have it working for dialup
using Verizon Wireless (CDMA) w/a Motorola v710. I got _very_ close to
it working with AT&T (GSM) using a Motorola RAZR V3, but not quite
there. I tether that Motorola RAZR V3 with a MacBook Air running Mac
OS X and have tried to copy the modem script that works, but
something's just off.

Now, if your Newton is rebooting, that implies some other issue. Is
your MP2000 upgraded? I know you last asked about this back in 2008,
so maybe it's been too long to remember, but do you recall at which
point it was rebooting? If it was during the discovery stage, that
might mean you just need to downgrade the Bluetooth Setup package
(there was a bug in newer versions of Blunt that'd cause that
symptom).

I'd really like to revisit my AT&T GSM modem script at some point to
get this working again.

Morgan
---
http://makkintosshu.com/