[NTLK] connecting a Newton MP2000/2100 question

Todd Naber applguy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 23:50:16 EDT 2011

Greetings Friends,
 I have a Newton MessagePad 2000 & 2000 upgraded by Apple to a 2100
that I'm wondering how to connect to a USB Snow Leopard Machine.
 I guess the first order of business would be to do the 2010 patch
(which I have
a 4mb Lending Card I acquired a while ago) but not sure which patch to
apply- is there an order? Is there a decisive list or path to follow-
and how do I make sure the path is defined on the MessagePad?
 Then comes the next part- I see a few Newton to Serial Plugs on eBay,
but nothing for connecting the Newton to an older mac (like my
Powerbook Duo 2300) or to my Hackintosh Dell Mini (running Snow
Leopard) via USB.
 I'm sure someone on the list could help or I could send the
MessagePad to them with return shipping if they prefer (I do want it
to come back- tia).
 I've heard reports that the MessagePad (with a wifi card) can browse
the net and this would be neat if I don't have to spend the $$ for an
iPad yet.
 Any help would be great,

Todd Naber
Everson, WA 98247