[NTLK] eMate Hinge problem (no, not that one)

Tony Kan tony.kan at clear.net.nz
Mon Jul 11 18:08:19 EDT 2011

HI Mark

Wow, I hope that it broke because of an accident and not just normal wear
and tear!

Cheers

Tony Kan

Christchurch
New Zealand

[snip]
Thanks Woody. As far as I can tell it's just the arm of the hinge
that's sheared and there's no other damage. In this image, it's the
section on the right that protrudes downwards which has sheared across
its width:

http://www.inventors-emporium.co.uk/images/hinge-repair/Hinge-prior-to-repai
r-R.jpg

I haven't disassembled far enough to see what the spring is like, but
I don't think it's a problem. I have a couple of replacement ribbon
cables en route to add to the "Newton Spares" drawer, just in case.
Once I've got a replacement hinge/arm, I'll carry on disassembling to
replace the broken one, and will do the spring fix while I'm at it
anyway.
[snip]