[NTLK] Newbie with a whole bunch of Y2010 patch questions

Rusty Miles Rusty.Miles at tn.gov
Fri Jul 15 14:59:53 EDT 2011

Thanks Grant, I guess I was just not patient enough.
I'm going to flail with the patch on the MP I can connect with and then work on updating the zip file and readme file for other neophytes (once I get the author's stamp of approval of course).  I'm sure I will have plenty more questions to post.

-Rusty Miles
Nashville, TN

>>> Grant Hutchinson <splorp at mac.com> 7/15/2011 11:55 AM >>>

On Jul 14, 2011, at 8:50 AM, Rusty Miles typed vigorously:

> I can't believe there's nobody out there that can shed some light on
> this.
> Did I ask too many questions or am I being shunned by the community?

Not at all.

Keep in mind that NewtonTalk is a fairly low traffic mailing list. It
is also summertime in the northern hemisphere, where the majority of
the list members reside. Occasionally, replies will be slow to appear
on the list.

> I'm guessing the only way to get the patch to my "crippled" Newton
> would be to get it set up with a network connection first then. My
> next "project".

There are also some members on the list who will lend you a card with
all of the required packages preloaded.

g.

Grant Hutchinson
NewtonTalk List Dad & Web Custodian