[NTLK] Password safe?

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Fri Jul 29 09:37:24 EDT 2011

Well there are several options.  You can get Standalone's Super Notepad
and put your passwords on a note then encrypt it (although for a lot of
notes it gets to be annoying).  Or you can get SBM's secret that does
the same but encrypts/decrypts all "secret" notes in one shot.  Another
package using the "encrypt" notes method is The Fish.  This is open
source and free but generally you have to decrypt/encrypt each note
separately.

There is also a password safe by Standalone.  Although I didn't like it
due to the inability to export.  Another package called Nick's Fortknox
 and is free.  I forget its features offhand, but I do remember it can
import notes and have them encrypted by Fortknox.

Personally I use Geek Safe.  By far the easiest to use and it can
import/export as well.  Granted it is not totally safe as it does not
encrypt the data.  But how many people these days could actually know
how to access a newton's soup data to extract your passwords?  Even if
stored on a card, a normal PC/Mac can't read a newton formatted card.
But if you want absoulte security then this is probably not for you.  :)

Geek Safe is open source and someone was planning/working on adding
encryption to the data store, but apparently that project was never
completed. :/

-Dan