[NTLK] Einstein on Android - doing away with ARM emulation?

Joseph Reilly Reilly001os at aol.com
Sun Mar 13 06:05:24 EDT 2011

My understanding of how android works is that all apps run through a virtual machine
which keeps everything sandboxed pretty well and away from direct contact with the
 core os/hardware. I'd guess if this was to be tried you'd have to have a rooted device
(if you don't already). Another issue my be the various arm chips in the many android
devices, they may not all support the same features so you might have to tune for
each chip... but I'm just guessing until a knowledgable person chimes in :-) I don't know a
lot about the inner workings of android or newton so I may be way off base
(and making myself look like a fool) :-/

Joe Reilly