[NTLK] Einstein running on Android

Chris C. chrisc30 at me.com
Wed Mar 16 11:28:38 EDT 2011

If I re-dump my newton, are there any options that I need to choose? I'm using the ROM file from my newton that I dumped with Einstein. My ROM file is 8MB exactly. (8,388,608 bytes according to the finder)

On Mar 15, 2011, at 04:09 PM, Matthias Melcher <mm at matthiasm.com> wrote:

On 15.03.2011, at 22:45, Aaron Brigati wrote:

> For what it's worth, I put them in /download/ on my SD card, and it works.
>
> Note that I was NOT able to get the debug ROM that's in a package on UNNA to work on my G2, even though it does work on my Macintosh. (I had to trim it or something for the desktop; it's been a long time.) I had to dig up the ethernet card for my 2100 and dump the 'real' ROM that way.

Aaron, Chris,

Einstein is looking in whatever your device assumes is an "external" storage. This is messed up, because on many devices, the first "external" device is actualy the internal Flash RAM. I am still looking for the correct API to list all SD Cards and to try and find the ROM on any of them. No luck yet.

The Debug Image does *NOT* work yet with Android Einstein. You will need the original US MP2x00 ROM file with exactly 8MB (1024x1024x8 bytes). I will add debug image support with the first official release.

Thanks for trying the program out. Feedback - positive and negative - is very helpful for me to set my priorities right.

- Matthias