[NTLK] WiFi 802.11n

Tony Douglas tonyisyourpal at netscape.net
Fri Mar 18 21:23:56 EDT 2011

Hi there

A while ago I wrote a blog post about getting my Newton to talk wirelessly to a mifi mobile hotspot - a fair bit of it is actually about getting wifi to work, so might help ... http://tonyisyourpal.blogspot.com/2010/02/newton-and-e5830-long.html

Main thing is to make sure that
- your wifi hotspot is enabled to do 802.11b (either 802.11b or 802.11b/g mixed modes will do)
- your SSIDs match
- your wifi hotspot is set to OPEN and the right level of WEP for your wireless card
- your WEP keys match

Get those four things right and you shouldn't have any real problems.

- Tony