[NTLK] OMP or MP1x0 clipped to an Apple Case

Riccardo Mori rick at newted.org
Sun Mar 20 08:29:33 EDT 2011

quoth Tony Kan:

> Apparently OMPs or MP 1x0s had a hole in the back which was used to accept a
> socket on an Apple leather case.
>
> How is the unit detached from the socket?  Is there a trick to it?

The case also has a small metal bar on the top that hooks to the top of the OMP. When you put the OMP in the case, you first slide the top of the unit so that it hooks to that metal bar, then the socket inserts in the hole on the back and helps to keep the OMP in place. When you detach the OMP, you just pull the OMP toward you, then you slide it out. It's a pretty ingenious mechanism.

I hope my description made sense. I can take pictures if needed.

Cheers,
Rick

System Folder - The Platinum Days
<http://systemfolder.wordpress.com>