[NTLK] Mail V and MobileMe

R A Parker RAParker at Newted.ORG
Wed May 18 14:34:36 EDT 2011

I'm probably using the wrong metaphor.

I believe it is more that Mail V keeps track of where it is, in the inbox. It reads the message headers in the inbox, starting at the first message, checks the filters, does the action (ignore) and then stores the message ID for its own reference. Moves on to the next message header, etc.

It is not saving each message ID. It is only saving a pointer (or two) so it can remember where to start reading again.

Turn off your filters and see what happens. You will notice that it will download the oldest/first messages in your inbox. The mail database (on the mail servers) may not be in exact date-sorted order. I believe it is more of a, "first-in-first-out" order.

--
Sent using an iNewt Touch 4.0
--
   |\ |   @ TahoeSunsets.COM