[NTLK] Post Raputre Newton Owners

Lord Groundhog LordGroundhog at gmail.com
Sun May 22 10:11:35 EDT 2011

~~~ On 2011/05/22 12:12, Matthias Melcher at mm at matthiasm.com wrote ~~~

> On 22.05.2011, at 12:53, Forrest wrote:
>
>> I really like that scripture quote.
>>
>> Here in Phoenix, AZ (like probably many places) much billboard advertising
>> has been purchased for this "event". I wonder how much graffiti will show up
>> on them in the next few days...?
>
> Really? Over here in Europe, nobody cared (or probably did not know about that
> prediction).

I suppose where in Europe you mean, Matt.  In the UK it's made the news,
stand-up comics on and off the broadcasting media (where it's been treated
with that usual British combination of puzzlement and derision), and more
unfortunately, "real people".  I've had quite a few conversations with
people this last couple of weeks who ranged from anxiously curious to
genuinely worried, all needing reassurance and a balanced perspective about
it.

Shalom.
Christian

            -- ref.:  Arthur C. Clarke