[NTLK] Post Raputre Newton Owners

Lord Groundhog LordGroundhog at gmail.com
Sun May 22 10:18:38 EDT 2011

~~~ On 2011/05/22 14:45, Nic Malone at nicmalone at mac.com wrote ~~~

> Newton owners only need freeze the 2010Fix patch and reboot to be safe from
> the apocalypse.

Thanks for that Nic; maybe next time I'll need that.

I briefly had considered sleeping with my Newton tightly gripped in both
hands, to test my theory that the Newton isn't an ordinary human invention,
but is a divine gift and therefore would come with me.  But then I realized
that [1] it wouldn't be a proper test since last night couldn't possibly be
the Rapture, and [2] however delighted I'd be to find that I still had my
Newt with me in heaven, I'd also be vaguely embarrassed to be standing
there, naked except for a white robe and my now rather tatty Newton...  :-P

So there it was last night in its usual place, in easy reach for me as I
slept soundly.  I notice it was still set to the right time this morning.

Shalom.
Christian

            -- ref.:  Arthur C. Clarke

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4