[NTLK] Correct text file encoding for Paperback book making

Nic Malone nicmalone at mac.com
Mon May 30 10:35:19 EDT 2011

I'm trying to use my new MP as an eBook reader. I've managed to get books
converted into text files using Calibre then Paperback Bookmaker to produce
PKG files. Having worked out that each book must be split into sub-1MB PKG
files to avoid memory errors on the MP, I now have the problem of sqaure
characters and other odd characters replacing any punctuation in the text
(eg " ! , ' etc). Makes it hard to read pages with a lot of dialog. I think
this is down to me using the wrong encoding when saving the text (.txt)
file. I think they are saving in UTF-8. Does anyone know what text encoding
is best with Paperback?

PS I dont use Newton Books as its failure to fill more than half the screen
is too annoying.

Cheers, Nic