[NTLK] MP2x00 Battery Tray STL - 3D Printing

Lord Groundhog LordGroundhog at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 13:40:17 EDT 2011

~~~ On 2011/11/05 11:35, Davis Remmel at davis.remmel at gmail.com wrote ~~~

> I've made a 3D model of the MP2x00 battery tray for those with access
to 3D
> printers to print a replacement part.  It's currently unfinished
(the end cap
> is missing) because I would like to verify the main body
fits in a Newton
> before starting it.  If anyone has access to a 3D
printer (like a MakerBot
> Thing-O-Matic) would you please print the
part and see if it fits well?
The
> STL file can be downloaded from my blog
> here:
http://davisremmel.com/blog/2011/11/05/newton-aa-battery-tray/
Thanks.
-
> -
Davis
> Remmel

Davis, let me be among those who thank you for your work on this.  Here's
hoping this is another stage in the perpetuation of our beloved Newts.

Assuming this works, have you any idea what kind of price point we're
looking at for this mode of production?  I ask because I doubt that I'm the
only one thinking this could be a solution to the problem of replacing the
door (or whatever we should call it) on the MP2100, to protect the screen.
But affordability is going to play a rôle here.

Shalom.
Christian

            -- ref.:  Arthur C. Clarke

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4