[NTLK] Cars and computing [WAS: "Re: Delurking and intro"]

Warren Ockrassa wockrassa at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 14:51:12 EST 2011

I wonder if we can cast Linux as being like a new engine. My fiancée, my mother, and I all got some little windows-beladen netbooks that work a heck of a lot faster and better with Ubuntu netbook remix!

On the other hand there are 'nix installs that run medical hardware too, such as imaging equipment. So you've got an interesting combination of reliability, speed, and resistance to external damage, with the option for user mods.

That's a batmobile, isn't it?

• Warren • off console • w azkrmc.com • h nightwares.com •