[NTLK] NewTNG 3.0

Tony Kan tony.kan at clear.net.nz
Tue Nov 29 20:45:28 EST 2011

Hi Michael

I'm with Matthias, a droid phone with Einstein on it is the way to go. Less work and I think it would be best for the community to focus its meager efforts on one thing.

The challenge will be getting the Newton to talk sensibly to the hardware layer i.e. to the communication onboard devices like USB, Bluetooth, wifi and the phone; and to optimize it all so that it was practicably reliable and responsive.

Matthias, is Einstein and Android sufficiently well documented to make this happen?  When I read Eckharts blog I get the feeling we could be in for some forensic investigations, but I could be wrong.

If this project (Android/Einstein) was seriously going to go ahead we need someone like Matthias to act as a project manager and to break it up into small sized bites of work (say 20 hours, labour x10 for lay people like me who haven't done any serious programming for 20-25 years) but I'm sure I could pick it up with a little hand holding.

If we were successful, I think we would have something to crow about.

Cheers

Tony Kan

Christchurch
New Zealand