[NTLK] Einstein, Android, new Hardware, old Hardware

Reilly001os at aol.com Reilly001os at aol.com
Wed Nov 30 14:33:55 EST 2011

First off I'd like to say thanks to Matthias for
 answering my questions about the lowest
 android hardware for Einstein in the other
thread (I believe I forgot to thank you there).
 Second, I very much agree with Jon about
Samsung but for a slightly different reason.
Samsung makes such great android phones like the galaxy series that I have to wonder
how they could ship something as rubbish as
the Intercept. I suffered with that "smart"
phone for a year and have no idea how it got
shipped based on their reputation for good
Android phones. That experience makes me
wonder what other "landmines" they are
shipping that are hidden by their good
reputation. LG on the other hand has shipped
so much junk that I was VERY surprised by
the LG Optimus V even though I had read
reviews about it. The Optimus is only mildly
higher spec'd then the Intercept but it performs 100 times better. Personally
I would like to see Einstein on the Optimus
as I like a smaller device, but even with
optimization it may not be possible or usable
based on the screen size (3.2in, 600mhz cpu
, adreno 200 gpu, 512ram). Black Friday
provided me with an Optimus but I couldn't
pass up a Cyber Monday half off deal on the
Motorola Triumph (plus I had a 20% off code!).
The Triumph is probably as big as I'd like a
'new' Newton to be, 4.1in screen, 1ghz cpu,
adreno 205 gpu and 512mb ram.

Either way I think if Einstein gets to the point
running well on something like the Triumph
we wont have to worry about building new
hardware since most of the post paid carriers
worst "high end" devices are around or only
slightly below the Triumphs specs, all pre paid
carriers will eventually be getting stuff >= the
Triumph (based on current trends) and
everything is getting better every year!

Just my .02

-Joe Reilly