[NTLK] Einstein, Android, new Hardware, old Hardware

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Wed Nov 30 15:23:02 EST 2011

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 7:54 PM, Matthias Melcher <mm at matthiasm.com> wrote:
> They hit Samsung with their lawsuit because Samsung is extremely successful with their Android devices. Samsung BTW released a slightly modified tablet for Germany and the Netherlands that no longer violates Apple's claims.

They hit Samsung, because they were doing everything they could to
copy Apple's look. Look at the billboards here in Poland, and you
couldn't tell if it was an ad for Samsung or Apple--it was for
Samsung, btw. Samsung has been the most slavish of all the Android
manufacturers trying to coattail on Apple, so they got hit. End of
discussion.

As to "running whatever OS I want on my "device"... well, nobody is
really stopping you. Go ahead and try. Apple's just not going to help
you. That said, I can't imagine spending top dollar for an iPhone,
only to load some second-rate OS onto it. Just buy the cheaper phone!
;-)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"...earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the
saints." --Jude 3