[NTLK] Could you please test two very simple pages with your Newtons?

R A Parker RAParker at Newted.ORG
Sat Oct 1 20:41:00 EDT 2011

Hi Frank:

<http://www.pda-soft.de/en/software/software_to.html>

Looks good in Newt's Cape. I was always impressed with how your no_frames site loaded fine in Newt's Cape, as well.

The (es)pañol version appears as if it is not displaying some international characters correctly. Would this be normal on a U.S. Newton?

An example is the word versiÛn or the word instalaciÛn. I would expect to see versión or instalatión, on my Newton. Of course, how international characters display on a Newton, after conversion to Newt's Cape or to/from Mail V, may be questionable at best, I'm sure. Worth a mention though.

Same thing with the (de)utsch version of that page. Only a different pattern of characters than the (es)pañol characters.

Which do you think (the device or the HTML source) should be displaying the correct thing? Is it related to the high ASCII character set?

hmmm...

Your (es)pañol version still has the <TITLE> in english. :-]

Net Hopper fails any version with some sort of IP error (in German): "Bitte benutzen sie nicht die IP Adresse des Servers, sondern immer www.<Wunschname>.de !!"

<http://www.pda-soft.de/es/software/software_to.html>

<http://www.pda-soft.de/en/software/software_to.html>

--
Sent using Mail V and a Wireless Newton 2100.
--
   |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM