[NTLK] more on the 2011 version of what looks like the Knowledge Navigator

anasazi4st newtonphoenix at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 4 14:56:54 EDT 2011

Sorry about the burst of excitement there...the new iPhone 4S will feature Siri, a voice recogition feature from a company of the same name that Apple bought some time ago. In the presentation it shows, well...it functions just like the video for the legendary never-released Knowledge Navigator (which was kind of where the Newton started). I don't know how else to describe it, that's the first thing I thought of. You really have to see it, it's pretty impressive stuff. Wait a bit before looking, though...the Macworld coverage site was overloaded and crashed, it went down...the Guardian (UK) site might have some info, they were still up and running. Apple's site will probably have the complete keynote later on, they usually do.

Here's the Knowledge Navigator video, for those who have never seen it. The similarities are pretty much dead on, except that it's not a big bulky binder, but...a phone!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5144094928842683632

Thanks,
--Forrest

--Sent from one of the few non-SSL email servers left--EarthLink