[NTLK] iPad1 and iPad2

Larry Yaeger lsynt3 at beanblossom.in.us
Sat Oct 8 13:54:33 EDT 2011

You used to have to jailbreak iPhones to allow tethering, but it has been a standard feature for a while now.  If you have an iPhone, then WiFi is sufficient for your iPad(2), because you can just create a WiFi "personal hotspot" with the iPhone and connect to that network on the iPad (or laptop).  It has been extremely useful on occasion for me.  If you don't have an iPhone, then 3G on the iPad is extremely nice to have, because WiFi isn't quite as ubiquitous as we'd all like.

- larryy