[NTLK] USB-001 board an NCX (Mac OSX Snow Leopard)

Nic Malone nicmalone at mac.com
Thu Sep 22 17:02:54 EDT 2011

Hi All

Has anyone here had luck getting the USB-001 board to work with NCX under Mac OSX Snow Leopard? I've tried to no avail, although it works on the dual-boot WinXP partition without even needed a driver install (I think XP found what it needed in its auto-search once it detected the MP200 as a "unknown USB device".

Knowledge Navigator kept telling me to install the KeySpan USA-28 driver for OSX but this is for the KeySpan serial to USB adapter unit, is already installed (as I use the Keyspan for my eMate), and reinstalling it has no effect.  I cannot see any reference to USB in the drop down connection menu in NCX's preferences (only Keyspan1, USA28Xfd14p1.1, USA28Xfd14P2.2 all of which have always been there). System Profiler detects a "FX232R USB UART" when the MP2000 is plugged in via USB though.  I'm at a loss!

Nic