[NTLK] Deleting old Dates info

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Sun Apr 15 21:59:07 EDT 2012

Hi Tony,
It has been a while since I played around with MoreInfo, I thought that
did it (although that may be just contact and history links not the
actual data, if that isn't it there should be another).  I know there is
a option in the main dates app along with other  add-ons such as Dateman
etc to delete old.  You then specify a date and everything before that
date is wiped.  It should show a progress bar as it cleans with a STOP
button available if you realize it is not something you wanted to do.

If you can't find it under MoreInfo (but there should be one), since
MoreInfo still uses the same datesoup and just adds extra data slots to
the database (with the exception of alarms...those are stored in its own
alarms soup) you should be able to use the original Dates app to clear
old date data.

-Dan

On 4/15/2012 9:42 PM, Tony Kan wrote:
> Hi Folks
>

> After 10 years of continuous use, I've decided to clean out all the old
> meetings & non-recurring events.  I've been wondering around the prefs files
> for Dates and MoreInfo.  MoreInfo has a delete old contact history button
> but I presume that means just links?  Anyway, clicking it didn't seem to
> reduce the amount of items in Dates.

*snip*