[NTLK] [ANN] New NPDS Trackers

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Thu Aug 23 12:48:24 EDT 2012

(I had intended to post this last week, but things got a little crazy.
It's never too late though.)

Roughly two weeks ago it was discovered that Victor Rehorst's and Ed
Kummel's NPDS (Newton Personal Data sharing; i.e. Newton web servers)
trackers were down and so Grant, Ron Parker, and I scrambled to get
new trackers up. Ed's is now back up, so the current NPDS trackers are
as follows (Ron's & UNNA's share with each other and also pull in
those listed on Ed's):

<http://newton.tek-ed.com:3680/>
<http://newtzilla.quadzilla.net:3680/>
<http://www.unna.org:3680/>

So, if you want to browse sites hosted on Newtons, please go check
them out. If you have any interest in hosting a website on a newton,
go check out <http://npds.free.fr/> and see what's required.

In addition to setting up the trackers, Grant and I have made some
improvements to the tracker itself, with more changes planned. It's
open source and hosted on GitHub, so feel free to set up your own or
contribute to its improvement:
<http://github.com/splorp/npds-tracker-server/>

Morgan
---