[NTLK] Help with Newton emate 300

Genie forte2 at pacbell.net
Fri Dec 21 02:14:44 EST 2012

I just bought a Newton Emate 300 for my grandson. It came boxed in wonderful
condition.  He was thrilled.  He wanted to delete the previous owners
information and decided to do a hard reset.  This for sure is a learning
experience for him.  After the hard reset he said he lost a few things.  I
can let you know exactly what when I visit him tomorrow.  The spreadsheet is
one and then something to do with graphics.

We were skyping when he did this.  Once he saw things missing he was
devastated.  I would like to help him.  He is 12, exceptionally smart but
sometimes moves too quickly, although I'm trying to convey this is a
learning experience.  The Emate is a Christmas present and I'd love to help
him figure out what to do now.

I would appreciate any help, ideas.. anything you can help us with.

Thanks..

Genie

Ps.. I'm pretty sure you'll need more information unless if this is just a
done deal..

What does he do now?