[NTLK] NCX in OSX/Roman

romantic at ideal-access.com romantic at ideal-access.com
Fri Feb 10 23:57:15 EST 2012

Dear Newton talkers,
Thank you for your warm welcome and excellent links. I have spent
many hours exploring and reading. It's time to mention that when I
left I was using Classic (OS 9.6). Now I'm using a G4 running Tiger
10.4.11.

I was wondering if anyone was using NCX in OSX. I've tried many times
to download the .DMG file from Simon's site but the download is
either corrupt or terminates before completion...or aborts. Some
downloads of NCX appear as complete .DMG files but Disk Utility can't
open them. I have NCU, but prefer not to go into the Classic System.
(Maybe NCX requires OSX 10.5 ?)

I have a wireless USB AP adapter which works on open networks for the
G4. I don't have an Airport card in the G4 slot. I also have an old
AirPort Snow base station (with modem and ethernet) which I haven't
connected to the G4 yet. The Newt has a wireless card, modems and
ethernet cards.

My preference to back up the Newt is to go wireless if possible.
I live in a tiny village in south eastern Ontario and use dial-up as
an internet connection. Any insight and advice would be very
much appreciated.

Roman