[NTLK] Followup: I want to publish NewtonTalk since 2000 as text files and need some NewtonTalk digests

Ebrahim Afsah eafsah at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 07:50:58 EST 2012

Dear Frank,

> Is anybody aware of a freeware that will reliably remove all mail addresses
> from text files? If not, it would be a good opportunity to look into my new
> book "Teach yerself regular expressions in 10 minutes" :-)

there is a little program for the Mac that does this: CopyPaste Pro. It's a clipboard manager and generally quite a nice utility (though it worked better under OS9 than it ever has under OS X).

It can extract email addresses, but I don't know whether it just copies them (likely) or cuts them. But in any case you could just run a find-replace command on the text files replacing the @ sign with something meaningless and machine-unreadable.

Hope that helps, Ebi