[NTLK] SOPA legislation and Us

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Mon Jan 16 16:58:48 EST 2012

Hi Tony,
And YES it is unfortunately very true.  Anyone making a complaint about
a site could bring it down.  It works by making the ISP's remove DNS
listings to the site question making them effectively "disappear" from
the internet.  Even Google is at risk.  Youtube, forums ANYTHING.  Heck
even if the site does not have user generated content or has done
anything wrong, someone having a grudge agasint them could bring them
down.  Say someone is mad at a credit card company...they file a
complaint saying they have illegal content.  Suddenly captialone.com is
missing from the internet.  It is crazy and needs to be stopped.  I do
hope it is voted down.  If you are in the USA
https://action.eff.org/o/9042/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=8173 check
otu that link and contact your Congressman and state Representatives to
let them know just how you feel about this crazy bill.  Call as soon as
possible as often as possible.  It is due to come up for vote next week!

There is another bill called PIPA which is just as bad
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PROTECT_IP_Act

And here is a few other links:
http://www.avaaz.org/en/save_the_internet/
http://americancensorship.org/