[NTLK] SOPA Legislation

J.M. Heinrichs minicapt1 at mac.com
Tue Jan 17 20:00:31 EST 2012

I think someone is trying to refer to an opinion from the "Office of Legal Council" which apparently believes the President can re-write the rules under which Congress runs.
http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/conlaw/2012/01/olc-oks-president-obamas-recess-appointments.html
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/political-animal/2012_01/olc_backs_recess_appointments034723.php
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/14/AR2010101405441.html

Article 1, Section 5, USC
-Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behavior, and, with the Concurrence of two-thirds, expel a Member.
-Neither House, during the Session of Congress, shall, without the Consent of the other, adjourn for more than three days, nor to any other Place than that in which the two Houses shall be sitting.

Cheers
J.M. Heinrichs
 minicapt1 at mac.com