[NTLK] SER-001 and USB-001

Thick Parasite thickparasite at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 12:59:25 EST 2012

> Hi fellow Newton users.
>
> I have not posted for a good few years but I have recently acquired an
> MP2000 from eBay. I do already have one but it's pristine in its box so I
> always used a 130. Now I have the New MP2000 I'm going to use is as my full
> time one.
>
> I didn't come with the dongle (usual story) and I don't want to use the
> one from my boxed one often just in case I loose that one.
>
> I have looked at the USB module on eBay but I notice some mixed reviews
> about it? Also they were short with me when I asked about postage. Sweden
> is a lot closer to UK than US but still same postage costs in his eyes, its
> expensive enough as it is without overpaying on postage. Is it better to
> try and get the SER-001? Does any one have one they can live without?
>
> Also having a nightmare trying to get the 2010 patch to work.
>

> Hello,

I could not do without the SER-001. It is really convenient compared to the
dongle. Btw it's very easy to install.
Are you talking about this USB module ? http://newtonsales.com/pcb.htm
KnowledgeNavigator is very serious. I highly recommend his store, and the
price is ok considering the offer is highly limited.
About the patch, are you sure it's the right one (711000 I think) ? Remove
any patch installed before patching again.

Cheers,

Laurent