[NTLK] MobileMe is closing down at the end of the month...

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Tue Jun 26 09:27:19 EDT 2012

Hey all,

Just wanted to give you a heads up on the status of homepage.mac.com
archiving. It's been far more tedious than I had expected (even
polishing my `wget` commands has only made things marginally easier,
there are just so many tweaks required for .Mac sites). I've been
spending all my free time on this and work issues yesterday took a
large chunk of that, so I'm feeling the pressure of the June 30th
deadline.

You can see what's already been grabbed (or in the process of being
grabbed) at http://mirrors.unna.org/homepage.mac.com/.

I could really use some assistance if anyone else out there has
HTML/CSS/JavaScript skills and command line experience. It requires a
lot of tweaking, hence the skill set requirements, but I've got rough
instructions at <https://gist.github.com/2949827>.

There is a Plan B, in case we can't get everything: Jason Scott, of
textfiles.com & archiveteam.org fame, has offered assistance in
recovering missing pieces from their archive. I don't want to rely on
that as I have concerns about the data quality, but it's on the table
as an option.

If you can help this week, drop me an email and I can get on chat or
IRC or something to discuss.

Thanks,

Morgan
---