[NTLK] MP 2000 - The Neverending Restart Of Death

Chris Wright chriswright at gmx.net
Sat Mar 17 17:33:22 EDT 2012

Hi all. I got got my Newton out of mothballs recently and it began a Neverending cycle of restarts. I originally put this down to possibly being the Y2010 fix, but it's still doing it even after a deep hard reset, which I thought would clear the patch. My questions are twofold:

1. Does a hard reset get rid of the patch or am I stuck?
2. If it isn't the patch, what else could it be?

ROM is 71100 if that helps with the diagnosis.

Thanks
Chris