[NTLK] Opinions sought regarding MP2x00s/first-gen iPads and clumsy people

Gene Beaird bgbeaird at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 19 14:15:24 EDT 2012

> We use our ipad at racing events to record information.  I used to use he MP2K, but figured I could more-easily move data off the pad to other devices, as well as it having  a few more usable apps.  The _one_ app I miss is newt's battery, which lets me quickly get ambient temp.  There's no such app for the pad.

One of the pre-requisites for us using the ipad at the racing events, which are held on either asphalt or concrete surfaces, was finding a way to protect it.  My wife is pretty tough on her cell phone, so we got an Otterbox for it.  It's helped the original iphone survive all these years, it was a no-brainer to get one for the ipad.  It does add a fair amount of heft to the ipad, and I haven't had the pleasure of dropping it to see how well it survives, but I feel much better for having it in an Otterbox.  I'd recommend one to others.

BTW, it's a tossup between the ipad and MP2100 for what we use it for.  They both have their pros and cons.

Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas