[NTLK] Off Topic: Macintosh SE/30 - to buy or not to buy?

James Fraser wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 5 13:06:50 EST 2012

Hello,

--- On Mon, 11/5/12, Yeoleman74 at aol.com <Yeoleman74 at aol.com> wrote:

>On the Color Classic there is a Battery holder for the1/2AA Pram
>Battery. The holder does not appear to indicate which end of
>the battery is +/-.

Here's a good photo of the Color Classic's logic board:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowdeal/17225300/

(Once again, not my photostream This one belongs to Eric C Snowdeal III [sic].)

If you look closely, you'll see the PRAM battery (bright blue object) in the battery cage.  An even closer look at the battery cage reveals that the postive terminal of the PRAM battery is facing right (please examine the photo carefully to confirm this).

That should be enough to allow you to replace the PRAM battery.  Please shoot me a mail and let me know if you're all set.

Best,

James Fraser