[NTLK] Newton Screen Protector?

James Fraser wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 6 00:05:11 EST 2012

Hello,

--- On Sun, 11/4/12, Woody Smith <woodysmith at me.com> wrote:

> What I think I see is wear marks and possibly scraping away
> of the anti reflective coating on the digitizer.

I'd better preface this question by saying up front that I'm one of those chaps who does his best to leave no switch unflipped or button unpressed*. Being that "type," I absolutely -have- to ask the following:

(This might be a good time to avert your eyes and/or brain because the strictly theoretical situation I'm about to touch on is, very likely, a Total Bozo No-No.)

If the anti-reflective coating is removed from the screen of a Newton, would the end user -only- lose the benefit of the anti-reflective coating?  Or is removing that coating from the digitizer going to result in the digitizer being ruined in no time flat (i.e. the digitizer was never meant to be exposed)?

I'm guessing the latter, but I did want to ask.

Best,

James Fraser

*As a result, very few people are silly enough leave me around any switches or buttons they don't want pressed.