[NTLK] Learning Remote App?

Rusty Miles Rusty.Miles at tn.gov
Tue Nov 27 17:22:43 EST 2012

When I did a Google "curiosity search" on Sharp CE-IR2 wireless interface, I stumbled across the following page titled 'Newton Infrared FAQ' :  http://www.0x1.org/d/stuff/newton/ir-faq.html
I don't remember seeing it posted earlier in this thread and if it was I apologize for the redundancy.  I also don't know if the maintainer, davida, is a NewtonTalk member but thought the information he had collected on the subject was a pretty good resource.  Lots of good information IMHO.

There is a section (R3 in the index) titled "Can the Newton learn from my existing remote?"  The short answer is No, because of the filter over the IR receiving diode.

My 2 cents.

Rusty Miles
Nashville, TN